Changing the Variables of Hacks[edit | edit source]
- To view all of your available hacks, press Esc and click on the Inventory tab.
- Make sure the hack you want to change is equipped in an active hack slot (See How to Equip Different Hacks for more information about equipping hacks).
- Click on the icon of the hack you want to change in your active hacks. A box will appear with the name of the hack, its effect, the current value of its effect, and the current energy cost.
- You can change the value of the effect by entering a value directly into the field, using the plus and minus arrows, or using the slider beneath the value. Note that hacks typically have an upper and lower limit for effect values.
- Changing the value of the effect will cause the energy cost of the hack to change. The greater the effect of the hack, the more energy it will cost to use it. For example, using the Uniform Scale tweak to increase an object's size just a little bit won't take very much energy. Using it to double or triple an object's size, however, will cost substantially more energy.
- When you are satisfied with the new values, click the "OK" button in the lower right corner of the box. This will save the changes, and the next time you use the hack, it will have the effects you set.