Power up: Upgrade Dash Speed & Time[edit | edit source]
- 1. Select CapitanBlackClaw (CBC) in your Hierarchy.
- 2. Scroll down to her "Dash Controller" in the components list.
- 3. Next, we will create a function to upgrade her dash. The best way to do this is to put a new method inside of "Dash Controller" that changes her dash speed and dash time.
- 4. Open the script (This one also looks very complicated, don't worry) scroll down to "#region methods" and add a function called "UpgradeDash" with an [EndlessEventVisible] tag. Here is how that should look:
public void UpgradeDash()
//"You can modify whichever variable you want here. The variables that are avaiable are at the top of the script, here are some suggestions: _dashDuration, _dashSpeed, _dashAttackPower, _dashAttackCooldown, _dashEnemyKnockbackSpeed, _dashEnemyKnockbackDuration"
//Mess with the number values of to get a sense of what feels right for what your going for. just remember to add an "f" and a ";".
_dashDuration = .5f;
_dashSpeed = 21f;
- 5. Set up some event that you want to upgrade her dash. This could be a simple TriggerVolume or more complex event. If you do not know how to trigger a function please visit this article: How do I add a Trigger Volume to Any Item.
- 6. Add an entry to your event and drag CapitanBlackClaw into the "Target" field. from the drop down menu select "UpgradeDash".